Nonini whose real name Hubert Mbuku Nakitare was born on 2nd October 1982 in California estate, Eastlands, Nairobi county. He is a rapper,performer,producer and song writer in Kenya.
In 2014, Nonini was elected by musicians to serve as a director in the Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) where he serves as a director. PRISK is a Collecting Management Organisation licenced by the government through the Kenya Copyright Board to represent Actors and Musicians in collecting their royalties.
Nonini Music Career
Nonini started out his career in music back in 2000 which has earned him his name godfather of Genge. The Genge style of music refers to music for the masses due to his style of rapping that is widely understood in the streets. With the identity of Genge music and craft of his rap, Nonini has released four albums to date.. Entrepreneurship has always been in Nonini’s blood. He owns a clothing line called Nonini Wear and a Video Production Agency called Pro Habo. With entrepreneur skills that have mentored various artists this has earned him the name raprenuer (a rapper and entrepreneur), He is the first Kenyan Musician to have his own Movie titled ‘Code +254’, he also advocates for the rights of the marginalized such as the albinos with the Colour Kwa Face Campaign, & a philanthropist with his Entertainment with Fun for Charity Basketball Tournaments he organises monthly to support various persons in need and Charity homes.
The diversity of Nonini has earned him recognition, this year 2012 has been particulary significant in his life, 12 being the years he has been in the music industry. Recently where he earned the Music Society of Kenya award 2012 for ‘The most crossover artist in all media stations’ upon receiving this award he posted on his social media accounts “Just won an award for the most crossover artist in all media stations! Inaamaanisha wagenge hawana ukabila from kassfm to Homeboyz to Onefm kila station wagenge ni watrue! Shukran!”
He was introduced to the Kenyan urban music scene through his debut single “Nonini ni Nani?” He achieved national and regional recognition with his 2002 track “Manzi wa Nairobi,” a song which praised the beauty of Kenyan women and a follow-up single “Weh Kamu”. He went on to release his debut album Hanyaring Game in late 2004 which included the hit “Keroro” a Kenyan slang (sheng) term for beer. Nonini is famed for releasing the first Genge hit early in his career. He runs a video production company named “Pro Habo” which successfully gave rise to P Unit. He is also a radio presenter.
Nonini is famed for releasing the first Genge hit early in his career.
Later, Nani Mwenza, his collaboration track with Tanzanian musician Juma Nature, became a regional hit. In his most recent great creations, he has collaborated with local artist Nameless to create a Friday anthem appropriately title “furahi-day” which has received much airplay over the weeks. Both songs were on his second album Mwisho Ya Mawazo, released in 2007. The album featured number of more guest musicians, including Nyota Ndogo, Mercy Myra, Professor Jay and Q-Chief. In August 2007.
Nonini was among 100 most influential Kenyans as selected by The Standard newspaper. In 2009 he was named International Lifestyle Ambassador by the Limkokwing University in Malaysia.
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
1. Nani Mwenza (feat. Juma Nature)
3. Manzi Wa Nairobi – Feat. Sylvia
4. Furahiday – Feat. Nameless
6. WE KAMU
7. Kataa Hiyo
8. Genge Love – Feat. Lady B
9. Mtoto mzuri
10. Ngoma Yako
11. Silazima – Feat P-Unit
12. Mtoto Mzuri – Remix
13. Kushoto Kulia – Fea.t P-Unit
14. Manzi Wa Nairobi
15. Genge Love- ft Lady B
16. Hii Barua- ft Karma
17. Colour Kwa Face – Feat. Christine Apondi
18. Kadhaa Remix – Bonus Track
19. Nimetoka Mbali
20. Kila Mmoja – Feat. Chege Tmk And Lady B
22. Kadhaa Bvgs By Christine Apondi
23. Si Lazima
24. Mtoto Mzuri Original
25. Kumbuka – Feat. Lady Bee
27. Mwisho ya Mawazo
28. Kumekucha – Feat Proffesor Jay
29. Godfather Record Label Intro
31. 08 Wanawake
32. Godfather Record Label Skit Pt 2
33. Mamanzi Wa Nairobi
34. Kuta vitu
35. Hii Barua – Feat. Karma
36. Huyo – Feat. Frasha And Boneye
37. Nani Mwenza – Feat Juma Nature And Luten
38. Colour Kwa Face – ft Christine Apondi
39. 14 Nani Mwenza ft Juma nature and Luten
40. Siri Zangu- Bvgs by Christine Apondi & Dj Hyp
41. Mziki – Feat. Chidi Benz Marble
42. Ngoma Yako – Live Version
43. Kataa Hiyo Feedback – Feat. Willy M Tuva
44. Godfather Record Label Grand Finale
45. 06 Someday ft Frasha
46. 07 Love 2 Party ft Ngoni
47. Huyo – ft Frasha and Boneye
49. Love 2 Party – Feat Ngoni
50. Furahiday ft Nameless
Nonini and P-Unit
Nonini is the founder of P-Unit (Pro-Habo Unit) that consists of rappers Bonnie, Frasha, Gabu and himself. The crew has produced several songs most notably “Si Lazima” a Swahili phrase which literally translates to “it’s not a must” . The song talks of times in a relationship where a couple does not need to have sex – they can just go home and relax. People have found the song quite contradictory to the messages he communicated in previous songs. At the 2007 Kisima Music AwardsP-Unit won the Boomba Group category. It was the first time Nonini won a Kisima Award. Their second single is known as “Kushoto-Kulia”; meaning “Left-Right”. Both songs are on Nonini’s “Mwisho ya Mawazo” album. There Debut album came out in 2010 dubbed Wagenge Hao with the monster hit single “Kare”P-unit which ruled the Kenyan Music industry air waves & won them an MTV Africa best group Nomination. 2011 They collaborated with Sauti Sol to bring u the Hit single Gentleman.
In 2012 Nonini initiated the Colour Kwa Face Campaign inspired by his Song from the godfather album called ‘Colour Kwa Face’ where he featured female vocalist called Christine Apondi.
Colour Kwa Face Initiative is campaign which advocates and educates on the well being of albino persons who are often marginalized and misunderstood.
The campaign collects Sunscreen lotion to supply to those Albinos who are unable to meet the cost of this expensive lotion that would otherwise assist them in their day to day lives. The campaign gave birth to the Colour Kwa Face Foundation.
Family- Nonini’s Son
He is a father to one boy Jay jay