A Guide To Nyayo Stadium
Nyayo National Stadium sporting facility was opened 1983 and is the 2nd largest in the country with a seating capacity of 30,000. The Stadium is best known for football, basketball, swimming and tenis and on top of this, it is home to one of Kenyas top premier league football club.
Nyayo National Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Nairobi,Kenya. It is located near the city centre. It is currently used mostly for football matches. The popular AFC Leopards football club plays most of its home games at Nyayo stadium. The stadium is also used for athletics and various ceremonies. Other facilities at the Nyayo Stadium include a gymnasium and a 50-metre swimming pool.
The completion of the Nyayo Stadium gave Kenya the opportunity to be placed in the category of nations that were invited to bid for the 4th All-Africa Games in 1987, a bid that was awarded to Kenya, giving it International status. In essence, the Nyayo Stadium “gave birth” to Moi International Sports Centre.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The Nyayo Stadium is the host venue of the 2010 African Championships in Athletics.
The stadium was renamed to the Coca Cola National Stadium after the multi-national company won the naming rights to the stadium in February 2009. The deal was worth USD 1.5 million and would have seen the beverage company do branding, marketing and naming to the whole stadium for three years. Three months later, however, Coca Cola withdrew from the contract, because the Kenyan government wanted to have the stadium branded as Coca Cola Nyayo National Stadium. But was renamed again to the Nyayo National Stadium, as the Government of Kenya wanted it branded. This decision has been widely criticised by many Kenyan citizens, because they believe that Coca Cola would have heavily improved and popularised the stadium.
The stadium houses headquarters for the Football Kenya Federation and Athletics Kenya.
Nyayo National Stadium Contacts
Nyayo National Stadium
Aerodrome Road (off Langata)
Telephone: (254) 020 2013704 / (254) 020 477 6262
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/