Pastor Muriithi Biography
Pastor Muriithi (Pastor Muriithi Wanjau) is the founder and senior pastor of Mavuno church, he is also an author of ‘Mizizi’ which is a book on discipleship
Pastor Muriithi Education Background
1996 – 1999: Fuller Theological Seminary, MDiv, Theology, Deans List, 4.0 GPA
1989 – 1992: Undergraduate student at the University of Nairobi, Bsc, Biochemistry
Secondary school student at Nairobi School
Pastor Muriithi Career as a Pastor
July 2005 – Present: Senior Pastor at Mavuno Church
- Chief visionary who alongside a team of gifted pastors leads a movement of ten urban congregations in six different countries that seek to ‘turn ordinary people into fearless influencers of society’.
January 2001 – June 2005: Outreach Pastor at Nairobi Chapel
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
- In charge of outreach in this fast growing urban church in downtown Nairobi. Included overseeing church multiplication (helped launch over 20 congregations) and launching and supporting various community based organizations.
January 1999 – December 1999: Resident Pastor at Elmbrook Church
- Led the Ave, the college ministry of Elmbrook Church in downtown Milwaukee that worked with students from several large universities across the city
Pastor Muriithi Career as a Rugby player
While in secondary school he was a rugby player. In form three he was playing for his school rugby team ‘Patch’. In campus he played for the school team ‘ Mean Machine’
Pastor Muriithi grew up the second born in a Christian family but only gave his life to Christ after his form four exams. He knew God existed and he planned to give Him my life when he was much older, after he had sampled all that life had to offer! So what made him make the critical decision? Muriithi wasn’t supposed to end up as a pastor, given his past (studied Biochemistry in university) but here he is about to celebrate the church’s 10th year since its doors opened under his able hands.
So from playing rugby in “Patch” (Nairobi School), to Mean Machine (UoN rugby team) to the pulpit.In Form 3, he was already playing for my “Patch” rugby team, a major feat but he was also doing very well in class, then university with the rugby lifestyle – he was basically living a celebrity life.
There was this time his dad was driving him back to school and he asked him what subjects he should do and he said sciences because some of his richest pals were pharmacists so I studied pharmacy hoping to be a millionaire by the time I was clocking 30.
Pastor Muriithi “founded” Mavuno Church and over time, it has gained notoriety as the unconventional new-age church that doesn’t exactly subscribe to the model.
Pastor Muriithi Publication
April 4, 2005: Mizizi, Fearless Influencers Limited
- A transformational ten-week course that helps you connect with your purpose, the Author of your purpose and friends who will help you achieve that purpose. Over 15,000 in print with ongoing translation work into Kiswahili and Chinese.
January 1, 2009: Exercising Your Way To Financial Fitness,Fearless Influencers Limited
- A practical how-to guide that will help you become an expert money manager. Contains important principles like how to get out of debt, how to build wealth the right way and how to control your money so it helps you achieve your God-given purpose.
2012:Ndoa: Investing In The Marriage Of Your Dreams, Fearless Influencers Ltd
2011: Simama: Victory Over Personal Battles, Fearless Influencers Ltd
- A ten-week course designed to help you enter a journey of self-discovery to bring freedom from your past baggage and prepare you to be an agent of change in your family of origin.
2012: Financial Foundations, Fearless Influencers Ltd
- This book is a prequel to ‘Financial Fitness’. Before we begin the important work of wealth building, we need to understand the four foundational principles about money. If you learn and practice these principles, they will act as a solid foundation that will ensure the wealth God brings your way becomes a tool towards accomplishing your God-given purpose.
2014:Finders Keepers: How To Find And Keep The One, Fearless Influencers Ltd
Pastor Muriithi Honors & Awards
David Allan Hubbard Award, ‘for accomplishments reflecting academic, spiritual and professional excellence’; Fuller Theological Seminary – 1999
Dean’s Scholarship Award, Fuller Theological Seminary – 1996-99, GPA 4.0
Pastor Muriithi Wife
While a biochemistry student at the University of Nairobi, Muriithi met his wife Carol. ‘We had been in the same class for over a year and became best friends as we walked to class and studied together. One day, she went on a class trip for a week and I missed her so much that it finally dawned on me that this was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with!’ They were both interns at the Nairobi Chapel for a year after their studies and were engaged soon after that.
Both Muriithi and Carol studied theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in the US after which Pst. Carol went on to do a second masters degree in Psychology at Azusa Pacific University. ‘Being in school together was a wonderful God-given gift; it was during that time that we developed many of our convictions about the church, ministry, marriage and the family.’ They have three children; Muini, Wairimu and Wanjau. They are passionate about helping couples strengthen their marriages and are regularly invited by different churches to speak at marriage enrichment retreats. ‘As a young couple, God graciously equipped us with knowledge and wisdom that saved our marriage. We made a commitment back then to bless other couples in the same way that we had been blessed’.
Pastor Muriithi Twitter
Pastor Muriithi Video