Peter Kenneth Biography and Profile
Peter Kenneth (born 27 November 1965) is a Kenyan politician and businessman who contested the Presidency in the March 2013 elections on a Kenya National Congress ticket emerging 4th overall. He has previously served as Assistant Minister in the Ministries of Planning, National Development and Vision 2030 (2008-2013), Finance (2005-2007) and Co-operative Development and Marketing (2003-2005).
He has also served two consecutive 5 year terms as a Member of Parliament for Gatanga Constituency (2002-2013). Under his leadership, Gatanga was consistently ranked top in the utilisation of its Constituency Development Fund money nationally.
Peter Kenneth holds a Masters in Law (LLM) and a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) from the University of Nairobi. He is also attended the Executive Programme International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland alongside numerous banking and Insurance courses. He attended Bahati Uhuru Primary School (CPE) and later joined Starehe Boys’ Centre and School for his ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels.
Before joining politics, Kenneth had gathered extensive corporate experience in the Financial Services Sector. He worked at Nationwide Finance Company (1985-1986) and Prudential Finance and Bank (1986-1997) before joining the Kenya Reinsurance company as Managing Director (1997-2002). Kenneth also served as Director at Africa Reinsurance Corporation (1998-2001), Industrial Development Bank (1998-2002) and Chairman of Zep Reinsurance Company (1998-2009).
Kenneth has had an active interest in sports. He served as the National Chairman of Kenya Football Federation (1996-2000) and as a FIFA Committee Member (FUTSAL) from 1998-2000.
Peter Kenneth Education Background
- Peter Kenneth has also done numerous banking and Insurance courses.
- Executive Programme International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Undergraduate Student of University of Nairobi (Bachelor of Law (LLB))
Secondary School Student of Starehe Boys (O & A levels)
- Primary School Student Bahati Uhuru Primary Schools (CPE)
Peter Kenneth Political Positions
- Started January 2013 : Member of Kenya National Congress
- Started 2012 : Coalition Member of The Eagle Coalition
- Started January 2013 : party leader of Kenya National Congress
- 2011- 4th March 2013 : Aspirant President of Kenya
- 2008 – 4th March 2013 : Member of Parliament for Gatanga
- 2007 – 14th January 2013 : Member of Party of National Unity
- 2008 – 2012 : Assistant Minister for Planning, National Development and Vision 2030
- 2005 – 2007 : Assistant Minister of Cooperative Development
- 2003 – 2007 : Member of Parliament for Gatanga
- 2002 – 2007 : Member of National Rainbow Coalition
- 2003 – 2005 : Assistant Minister of Finance – Monetary, Fiscal & Investment Affairsof Cabinet
Peter Kenneth Job History
- 1998 – 2003 : Chairman of Zep-Re insurance company (ZEPRE)
- September 1997 – November 2002: Managing Director of Kenya Re-Insurance
- 1998 – 2002 : Director of Industrial Development Bank (IDB)
- 1998- 2001 : Director of African Reinsurance corporation
- 1998- 2000 : Member of FIFA (FUTSAL)
- 1996 -2000 : Chairman of Kenya football federation
- December 1986 – June 1997 : Bank Manager of Prudential Finance & Bank
- September 1985- September 1986 : Staff of Nationwide Finance Company
Peter Kenneth Committee Membership
- 2008 – 2012 : Member of Speaker’s Committee – S.O. 194
Peter Kenneth: Interests and Hobbies
Peter Kenneth has interests in Farming, Insurance, Real Estate and Manufacturing. He also has a lot of interest in sports, having been the chairman of Kenya Football Federation from 1996 to 2000. and FIFA Committee Member (FUTSAL) from 1998 to 2000. He also played as a goalkeeper for Re-Union football club.
Peter Kenneth Party: Kenya National Congress party
Peter Kenneth Children
Daughter – Andrea Kenneth
Peter Kenneth has one daughter – Andrea Kenneth
Peter Kenneth Son – Andrew Kenneth
Peter Kenneth has one son – Andrew Kenneth
Peter Kenneth son – Andrew Kenneth speech
Peter Kenneth Wife – Anne Kenneth
Peter is a great family man and is married to Anne Kenneth
Peter Kenneth Parents and Family
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Peter Kenneth comes from the Mbari ya Muhuni family of Kirwara Sub-location of Gatanga Contituency.
10 things you should know about Peter Kenneth:
1. Peter Kenneth Impeccable Education Background
Peter Kenneth’s education started in a local school called Bahati where he completed his CPE. He joined the famous Starehe boys center for his secondary education. His life took shape when he joined Nairobi University where he graduated with masters in law.
2. Peter Kenneth Wealth
Despite being a prominent person, many Kenyans do not know that Peter Kenneth is a qualified banker. The politician has served as an employee of Nationwide finance company for two years as a banker. He also worked for Prudential bank for a period of 11 years where he was elevated to the post of Bank manager. His banking career also saw him work for Kenya Reinsurance Company from the year 1997 until 2002.
3. He Was Leader of Kenyan Football Governing Body (K.F.F)
K.F.F is one of the toughest organizations to be in charge of because of the unpredictable Kenya football performance. Peter Kenneth with his amazing leadership skills was able to chair the federation from 1996 to 2000. During his period of chairing, the Kenyan football team produced one of its best performances.
4. He is a great politician
Peter Kenneth vied for the Gatanga parliamentary seat in the 2002 general election and emerged victorious as a lawmaker and a representative for the constituency. Apart from being an M.P, he was also appointed an assistant minister in the ministry of finance and the ministry of planning & national development.
5. Peter Kenneth is a great leader
During his term of service as an M.P, his constituency was declared the best in terms of funds management.
6. His Presidential ambitions
Peter Kenneth’s passion and desire to lead Kenyans became evident when he vied for the presidency in 2012. He made history by becoming a presidential candidate in Kenya without an African name. Even though he lost to president Uhuru Kenyatta, his impact was felt all over the political divide.
7. He was a great footballer
Apart from politics, Peter Kenneth was a great footballer especially in his early youthful years. While still in school, he was a goalkeeper and played for a Football club in Kenya called Reunion. During his period of play he helped the club to reach great levels in football. He only retired from football after a threatening arm fracture that he sustained while playing for the club.
8. Peter Kenneth Family
Peter is a great family man and is married to Anne. The couple boasts of two children namely; Andrew and Andrea. Despite his busy political career, the politician has been able to balance by being there for the family. This is evident because he includes his family in all the important occasions such as the 2012 presidential race when he launched his bid.
9. Peter Kenneth is a staunch christian
Despite the fact that many politicians are unable to find time for religious matters, Peter Kenneth has been on the frontline when it comes to church matters. He believes in Christianity and this is the reason why he is perceived as a more god-fearing leader in Kenya. According to his son Andrew, peter Kenneth has raised his children with strong Christian values.
10. Peter Kenneth Parents
The life of this prominent politician was not a bed of roses. He has persevered hard life having been brought up by a single parent. Peter grew up with his mother in a single room house. Perhaps the tough life is what contributed to his desire to work hard and make a difference in other people’s life, especially those who are less privileged.
These are just but some of the 10 Things You Should Know About Peter Kenneth. There is a lot more about his family, wife and as well as his wealth. Indeed, it can plausibly be argued that Peter Kenneth is a political icon in Kenya and one who represents the voice of the voiceless. This was evident in his campaign manifestos that emphasized on equality and great opportunities for the poor. Even though he did not make it in the general election, he is still perceived as one of the leaders who have what it takes to change Kenya and take it to a better level.
Peter Kenneth Contacts, Facebook and Twitter