Princess Jully (real name Lilian Auma Aoka) is a benga musician from Kenya.She grew up in a remote village called Makalda in South Nyanza.
Princess Jully whose real name is Lilian Auma Aoka is a benga musician from Kenya. She grew up in a remote village called Makalda in South Nyanza, Kisumu county.
She began learning music during her free time. While at Gina Primary School in Ndhiwa Division, she became an active participant in school drama and music festivals. She was also a member of Divas of The Nile group alongside Suzzana Owiyo, Achieng Abura and Mercy Myra.
Princess Jully – Career
Princess Jully started as a back-up vocalist for Jolly Boys Band led by her husband Prince Jully (Julius Okumu). Jully Boys was already a popular band in Kenya when Price Jully was leading it, but under Princess Jully the group has been even more successful, particularly after the release of the “Dunia Mbaya” hit. Princess Jully releases new music frequently.
Her 19th album “Aneno Lek” was released in March 2007. The album was produced at the Ketebul Productions by Tabu Osusa. Her next album Wangni Wabiro was released in August 2007. The title song of the album was dedicated to the Orange Democratic Movement ahead of the2007 General Election. The album was produced by Tedd Josiah of Blu Zebra Studios.
- Daniel Ndambuki (Churchill) Responds To Rumors That He Is Dead
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
2003: Kisima Music Awards – Benga Artiste of the Year
Princess Jully Production House – Jully Productions
Princess Jully has also set up her own production house, Jully Productions, to promote emerging artists. She has toured various countries including Switzerland. In 2010 she released another album Joluo Migingo to Dhi, its title refers to the disputed Migingo Island. Princess Jully was part of the Divas of The Nile supergroup, that featured four Kenyan female musicians. The others were Suzzana Owiyo, Achieng Abura and Mercy Myra. The group performed at the Festival Mundial in Tilburg, the Netherlands in 2007.