Rachel Shebesh Wins airobi Women Representative Nominations
Rachel Shebesh has won the Nairobi Women Representative nominations, Mrs Rachel Shebesh led with 91,766 votes against Millicent Omanga 53,734 votes and Karen Nyamu 36,828 votes.
Rachel Shebesh Biography and Profile
Rachel Shebesh is the current woman representative of Kenya’s Nairobi city county. She was born in 1971 in Nairobi. She was elected as the woman representative under the National Alliance Party which is headed by President Uhuru Kenyatta. Rachel seems to mingle well the young people hence her supporters gave her the name Manzi wa Nai.
Rachel is the UN Champion for disaster risk reduction in Africa, where her main role is to promote synergy between disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in Africa, and works closely with African parliamentarians to obtain political commitment to disaster risk reduction policies.
Rachel Shebesh- Education Background
- 2007 : enrolled for a Bachelor of Arts (political science) degree at the Nairobi University.
- 1991 – 1993 : she trained as a designer at the London College of art and design
- She attended Kianda Secondary School
- Lavington Primary school between 1977 and 1985
Rachael Shebesh – Political Career
Current Political Positions
- Started 10th March 2013 : Women’s representative for Nairobi, Member of the National Assembly
- Started 13th February 2013 : Coalition Member of Jubilee Alliance
- Started October 2012 : Member of The National Alliance (TNA)
Previous Political Positions
- 2012 – 4th March 2013 : Aspirant Women representative for Nairobi county.
- 2008 – 4th March 2013 : Nominated Member of Parliament
Rachel Shebesh – Job History
- Member of The Pan-African Parliament
- Presidential Advisor of UNIFEM
- Champion of Kenya Disability Network
- 2004 – 2006 : Administrator of Marion Schools
- 1994 – 2003 : Enterprenuer of Dressence – Fashion & Design; Design 40 Interior
Rachel Shebesh – Membership
- 2008 – January 2013 : Member of Kenya Women Parliamentary Association
- 2008 – January 2013 : Member of Procedure and House Rules Committee – S.O. 191
- 2008 – January 2013 : Member of Library Committee – S.O. 193
United Nations ambassador for disaster reduction in the continent
Rachel Shebesh is the UN champion for disaster risk reduction in Africa. She plays significant roles in the promotion of synergy between climate change and reduction of risks associated with various environmental disasters. Her work is to rally various debaters in Africa to ensure that their countries remain committed towards the elimination of activities that harm the environment.
Rachael Shebesh – Family
Rachel Shebesh is one of those women who have managed to pursue their political careers while at the same time handling family matters. In Kenya, you will hardly find a woman who is still married while at the same time maintaining her political ambitions.
Rachel Shebesh Husband – Frank Shebesh
Rachel is a family woman. She is married to Frank Shebesh
Rachel Shebesh – Children
Rachel Shebesh is blessed with three children
10 Things to Know About Rachel Shebesh
Rachel Shebesh is married
Rachel is a family woman. She is married to Frank Shebesh and they are blessed with children. She is one of those women who have managed to pursue their political careers while at the same time handling family matters. In Kenya, you will hardly find a woman who is still married while at the same time maintaining her political ambitions.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
Rachel Shebesh is a Christian.
Rachel is a devoted Christian. Her religious life commenced in her early stages of life. Rachel confesses that she attributes her success to her faith and devotion to lead a holy life.
Rachel Shebesh was an eloquent nominated member of parliament
Before she was elected as the woman representative for Nairobi, Shebesh had been nominated as a member of parliament. She was an eloquent member who hardly failed to contribute to parliamentary debates. In fact, she contributed several times to debates unlike several other members who had been duly elected by the constituents (sitting members of parliament).
Rachel Shebesh is a United Nations ambassador for disaster reduction in the continent
Rachel is a famous individual. Even though there have been allegations that she is corrupt, it should be remembered that several international bodies recognize her as a true patriot. She is the UN champion for disaster risk reduction in Africa. She plays significant roles in the promotion of synergy between climate change and reduction of risks associated with various environmental disasters. Her work is to rally various debaters in Africa to ensure that their countries remain committed towards the elimination of activities that harm the environment. Other posts that this great lady hold are:
- She is the assistant treasurer of the Kenyan Women Parliamentary Association.
- She is a member of the Pan-African Parliament
- She is one of the team leaders for the Kenyan disability network.
- She is also the vice chairperson of the African parliamentarian’s Network against corruption.
Rachel Shebesh is a presidential advisor
Rachel Shebesh is a close ally to the current president of the republic of Kenya. She plays significant roles in advising the president on matters that relate to governance and execution of services. She is a key champion in the formulation of various policies in government.
Rachel Shebesh is a successful businesswoman
Rachel does not only rely on her political earnings for a living. She is a successful business lady who has set up various businesses in Nairobi and several other parts of Kenya and even outside Kenya.
Rachel Shebesh associates a lot with young people
If Shebesh is to thank those who made her Nairobi’s woman representative during the elections of the 4th March 2013, it is the youths. The youths rallied massive support for her. According to several political analysts, the youths preferred Shebesh simply because she loves the youth. She has always fought for their rights. In fact, Kenyan youth call her Manzi wa Nairobi’ – a Kiswahili phrase which means the beautiful girl from Nairobi’.
Rachel Shebesh is aggressive and ambitious
Rachel Shebesh is one of the no nonsense ladies. She does not fear saying the truth. For a couple of times, she has found herself in wrong hands for pressing for the rights of his county. At one time she was slapped by Nairobi’s Governor, Evans Kidero, for confronting him.
Rachel Shebesh was once a member of the orange democratic movement
Even though she did not support Raila Odinga during the 2013 elections, Rachel Shebesh was a member of the orange democratic movement (ODM) between 2007 and 2012. She ditched ODM for TNA just before elections.
Rachel Shebesh is admired by several men
Rachel is a beautiful lady. A lot of men are said to admire her figure. She has a huge following in the media simply because of her amazing appearance and political ambitions. As a national figure, she continues to gain fame, we have a lot to learn about her each day.
Rachel Shebesh Video – One On One With Rachel Shebesh
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/