Registration of Books and Newspapers in Kenya
Registration of Books and Newspapers in Kenya is done by the the Registrar of books and newspapers.
Functions of the Registrar of Books and Newspapers in Kenya
To register books and issue certificates.
To approve bonds and sureties for newspapers and magazines.
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Form No. 1 is submitted, accompanied by three (3) copies of books to be registered. A fee of Ksh.250 is paid. A file is then opened, a registration number given and a certificate issued. Forms Nos. 2 and 7 are typed together with the Certificate of Registration.Two samples of Specimen Agreement form. To approve bonds and sureties for newspapers and magazines.
The copies of the books submitted are later collected by National Archives, Kenya Library, Attorney General Chamber’s Library and public universities.
NEWSPAPERS/MAGAZINES (CAP III)
Bond Form No. 9 is a bond for Newspapers which is executed by the publisher and printer. It is also signed by two witnesses before a magistrate of the High Court or a Commissioner of Oaths. It is then submitted to the Lands Office for payment of stamp duty.
The Registrar of documents in the same office executes the form and the applicant then submits this to the Registrar of Books and Newspapers together with form No. 3 (Annual Return at a fee of Kshs. 1,200 for the bond and Ksh. 400 for form No. 3 (Annual Returns). The Registrar then examines the documents submitted to him and once satis.ed, proceeds to issue the applicant with our Annual Returns for a newspaper or magazine.
Registration of Books and Newspapers in Kenya – Schedule of Fees
Search – Ksh.200
Registration of book per title – Ksh.250
Bond/surety form No. 9 – Ksh.1,200
Annual Returns for newspaper/magazine (form No. 3) – Ksh.400
Certified Copy of Certificate of book or Annual return for a newspaper/magazine – Ksh.200
Registration of Books and Newspapers in Kenya – Contact Details
For more information, contact: Department of Registrar-General
Sheria House, 2nd Floor P.O.Box 30031 00100, Nairobi, Kenya. Tel: (254) 020 – 227461, ext 37180/37015 Fax: (254) 020 – 225515.
Tel: (254) 020 – 227461, Ext 37394
Head of Section……………Ext 37398
Books & Newspapers……..Ext 37390