Religion in Kenya: The vast majority of Kenyans are Christians, and the Anglican and Roman Catholic Churches are the most established Christian denominations. Other well established African religions and denominations include the African Inland Church (AIC), Seventh Day Adventists (SDA), and the Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA).
In addition, there are a number of Evangelical churches and Independent African Christian churches.
Kenya Religious Compisition
Catholic Population – 9,010,684
Protestant Population – 18,307,466
Other Christian Population – 4.559,584
Muslim Population – 4,304,798
Hindu Population – 53,393
Traditionalist Population – 635,352
Other Religion Population– 557,450
No Religion Population – 922,128
Don’t Know – 61,233
Islam in Kenya
Islam is the second widely practised religion and the followers include the Sunni, Shia and Islamia. Muslims are about 10 per cent of the population.
Although Islam has spread throughout Kenya, the largest number of Muslims is found in the coastal region and North—Eastern Province.
Other parts of the country also have sizeable number of Muslims.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
Kadhi’s courts have legal jurisdiction over personal law for the Muslims marriage, divorce and inheritance.