Sarah Serem Biography
Sarah Serem whose full name is Sarah Jepkemboi Chumo Serem is the Chairperson of the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Sarah Serem is a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya and has nearly 30 years of experience in human resource management practice and other undertakings.
Sarah Serem Education Background
Sarah Serem holds a bachelor of arts degree in Sociology and Political Science and a masters of business administration from the University of Nairobi.
Sarah Serem Career
After graduating she got a job as a personnel office at the then
Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation a position she held for eight years.
She was then transferred to Kenya Post Office Savings Bank where she worked in the human resource department as the deputy human resource officer before rising through the ranks to become the human resource director. At Postbank, she was instrumental in spearheading professionalism and capacity building, which contributed to the bank’s growth.
She later left the organisation through an early retirement and
together with a friend, established Young Biz, a multinational
trading company that sharpens entrepreneurship skills in young people.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
In 2011 after the establishment of the establishent of Salary and Remuneration Commission – an independent Commissions established by The Constitution of Kenya 2010 under Article 230 she became its Chairperson (a contact for six years). SRC has two mandates: to set and regularly review the remuneration and benefits of all state officers; and advise the National and County Governments on the remuneration and benefits of all other public officers.
Sarah Serem Membership
- Board member of Africa Adventist Development Relief Agencies, a humanitarian agency that responds to the needs of the local community.
- She is also a trustee of Adventist University of Africa.
Sarah Family and Children
- Sarah Serem is a widow and a mother of four daughters.
Sarah Serem Philanthropy
In 2000 through the help of the women ministry in her church she staeted a home for the Maasai girl-child. The home serves as a rescue and rehabilitation centre for girls who have been married off at an early age. From an initial 13 girls, the home has grown to accommodate 200 girls, a number of whom are in high school and college.
She has been instrumental in the running of the home and even took over its chairmanship till 2012 when she delegated the role to someone else due to her busy schedule.
Sarah Serem Twitter
Sarah Serem Photos