Shopping in Kenya will give you an opportunity to find the best from all over Africa. Throughout Kenya and mainly in its major cities, there are a range of supermarkets, shopping centers, large open markets and city stores. The largest shopping centers are located in Nairobi.
Shopping in Kenya- Malls in Nairobi
- Sarit Center – Westlands
- YaYa Center – Hurlingham
- Village Market – Gigiri
- Westgate Shopping Mall – Westlands
- ABC Place – Westlands
- Nakumatt Junction Shopping Center – Ngong Road
- Prestige Plaza – Ngong Road
- Crossroads Shopping Centre – Karen
- T-Mall – Langata
Shopping in Kenya Supermarkets –Evolution of Shopping in Kenya
Supermarkets are rapidly penetrating urban food retail in Kenya and spreading well beyond their initially tiny market niche among the urban middle class into the food markets of lower-income groups. Having penetrated processed and staple food markets much earlier and faster than fresh foods, they have recently begun to make inroads into the fresh fruits and vegetables category. Supermarkets in Kenya already buy about half the volume of produce exported, and thus represent a significant new ‘dynamic market’ opportunity for farmers. The important changes in their procurement systems bring significant opportunities and challenges for small farmers, and have implications for agricultural diversification and rural development programmes and policies.This makes Shopping in Kenya cheaper since most stuff is found under one roof.
The largest supermarket chains in Kenya with modern stores through-out the country include:
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- Nakumatt Supermarket
- Uchumi Supermarket
- Tuskys Supermarket
- Naivas Supermarket
Open Markets in Kenya
In Nairobi city centre there is the large City Market, selling a great selection of produce.These include fruit, vegetables, flowers, fruit, fish and meat. This colorful Market is an interesting place to visit, and a good place to find local handicrafts.
Kariakor Market, located just outside town off racecourse Road, is another excellent market for handicrafts. These include good and reasonable priced sisal basketwork. This very lively market, named after the Colonial ‘Carrier Corps’ (Karia-kor) who were once stationed here. Kariakor is renowned all over Nairobi as the best place to sample real traditional Kenyan food.
There are many small shops and eateries attached to the market selling a wide range of traditional cuisines. Nairobi city and the surrounding suburbs also have many shops selling traditional arts and crafts.
Other Shops in Kenya
In Biashara street, many shops deal in handicrafts and especially cloth from the coast. Kenya is home to many unique boutique shops, modern art objects, paintings, clothing and jewelry.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/