A Guide To South Turkana National Reserve
South Turkana National Reserve / Park is a rugged but very beautiful expanse of land and consists of dense thorn bushes and riverine forests. It has a number of permanent rivers with woodland fringes and salty springs. The landscape has variety of mixed vegetation, although low on plains game.
South Turkana National Reserve is a rugged and very beautiful expanse of land with very few visitors consisting of dense thorn bushes and riverine forests, the landscape has a great variety, especially away from the seasonal riverbeds. Although it is low on plains game, it is worth a visit for the large expanses of mixed vegetation and the landscape.
What To See at South Turkana National Reserve
Attractions at South Turkana National Reserve include scenic landscape and mountain vistas. South Turkana National Reserve has a number of permanent rivers with woodland fringes and salty springs, game viewing.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Wildlife recorded in this reserve include Elephant, giraffe, buffalo, eland, oryx, impala, bushbuck, greater kudu, Grant’s and Thompson’s gazelle, lion, leopard, cheetah, spotted hyena and jackal. There are crocodiles in the rivers and abundant birdlife, much of which gathers on the banks of the Kerio River
South Turkana National Reserve as part of the North Rift Region Kenya Safari Circuit
The North Rift safari circuit region offers remote and sometimes inaccessible attractions, a reserve of those who wish to explore Kenya at it’s most rugged, these regions appeals to visitors because of their hot springs and bird sanctuaries, Parks and lake attractions like Lake Bogoria, Baringo, Kamnarock, Turkana, South and Central Island, Nasalot, South Turkana, Sibiloi and Marsabit national reserve hold fascination for the traveller who like to go off the beaten track.
One of the main event in this circuit is the annual camel derby, other activities here include game watching , ballooning, camel riding, fishing, horse riding and mountain biking. Other parks and attraction in the North Rift Region Kenya Safari Circuit include;
South Turkana National Reserve / Park Contacts
Attraction Type: Wildlife
Category: Game Reserve
City / Town: West Pokot
Road / Street: Lokichar-Lomut Road
Telephone: 254 20 600 0800, 254 20 600 2345, 254 20 237 9407
Entrance Fee: Yes