Tharaka Nithi County Assembly targets at setting legislations in all sectors that that are geared towards transforming Tharaka Nithi county into an economic power house in the region.
The constitution provides that; There shall be a county government for each county, which shall consist of a COUNTY ASSEMBLY and a COUNTY EXECUTIVE.
The County Assembly constitutes the legislative organ of government in the County Government.
Roles of The Tharaka Nithi County Assembly
The County Assembly is established by the Constitution under Article 176 with a mandate to have legislative power of the County. The role of the County Assembly is to:-
- Vet and approve nominees for appointment to County Public Offices as may be provided for in The County Government Act or any other law;
- County legislation in accordance with Art. 185 of the Constitution;
- Approve the budget and expenditure of the County Government in accordance with Article 207 of the Constitution, and the legislation contemplated in Article 220(2) of the Constitution, guided by Articles 201 and 203 of the Constitution;
- Approve the borrowing by the County Government in accordance with Article 212 of the Constitution;
- Approve the County Development Planning;
- Perform any other role as may be set out under the Constitution or legislation.
Tharaka Nithi County Assembly Administration
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle
- COUNTY SPEAKER JOHN MBAABU
- COUNTY DEPUTY SPEAKER PAUL G K MWABU
- MAJORITY LEADER
- MINORITY LEADER
- MAJORITY WHIP
- MINORITY WHIP
- COUNTY ASSEMBLY CLERK FELIX GITARI MBIUKI