The Equator in Kenya Description
The Equator in Kenya: Three of the most significant imaginary lines running across the surface of the earth are the Equator, the Tropic of Cancer, and the Tropic of Capricorn. The Equator is the longest line of latitude as it lies where the earth is widest in an east-west direction.
The Equator in Kenya
The equator runs across Kenya almost in the middle. The country thus lies on the Equator and has the sun directly overhead at noon on the two equinoxes – near March and September 21. The Equator divides the planet into the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
Countries on the equator experience equal length of day and night throughout the year – hence daytime and the night in Kenya are always.
The Equator in Kenya: Equator
The Equator usually refers to an imaginary line on the Earth’s surface equidistant from the North Pole and South Pole, dividing the Earth into the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere. The Equator is about 40,075 kilometres (24,901 mi) long; some 78.7% lies across water and 21.3% over land.
Other planets and astronomical bodies have equators similarly defined. Generally, an equator is the intersection of the surface of a rotating sphere with the plane that is perpendicular to the sphere’s axis of rotation and midway between its poles.
The Equator in Kenya – Video
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle