Top Ten Radio Stations in Kenya
Top Ten Radio Stations in Kenya – This is a comprehensive list of top 10 most listened to radio stations in Kenya. This is according to Kenya Audience Research Foundation (KARF) and Geo Poll
Here is a list of the Radio station in Kenya and the number of estimated listeners
Radio citizen – 9, 660, 249
Radio Citizen is a project by Niko Schabel and a collective of musicians. The Radio station is owned by Royal Media Services. Radio Citizen controls ¼ of the listenership in the country. This is estimated to be a share of about 21%.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Classic FM has grown to be among the most popular radio station in the Kenya. It is estimated to have a listenership of about 8%.
Radio Taifa – 5, 123, 588
The station is popular among village dwellers, old generation and people who are mostly bored with busy life. This is where you will listen to old songs, especially soothing gospel music and Daudi Kabaka.
jambo fm – 4, 080, 640
The Radio Station is owned by Radio Africa, with over 3 million more listeners. The station is very popular for its programs touching on sports, reggae and family matters, which the youths can ralate to. The radio station has a listenership of about 12% which is a significant audience.
Radio Maisha is owned by Standard Media Group. The radio station is more popular for its morning program hosted by presenters Mwakideu and Jalangoo.
Kameme FM – 3, 775, 697
Kameme FM is owned by Mediamax Network Ltd. The vernacular radio station is among the most popular radio stations in Kenya. The Kikuyu vernacular station is listened by over 5 million Kenyans, who are all from the Kikuyu community. The station beats its main competitor, Inooro, by a significant margin.
Milele FM – 3, 632, 186
Milele FM is owned by mediamax Network Limited.
Inooro fm – 2, 783, 959
This radio station is owned by Royal Media Services. The Kikuyu vernacular radion station has the highest listenership in Central Kenya.
Kiss FM – 2, 757, 973
This urban radio station.
Ramogi FM – 2, 228, 309
In terms of listenership by location, Ramogi FM leads in the Lake Topography.
Due to the large number of smaller and sometimes local radio stations, 21% of the average audience share is listening to an “Other” station, one that does not have a high enough listenership to rank nationally.