Tukero ole Kina Nominated to head IEBC
The IEBC selection panel has nominated High Court advocate Tukero ole Kina and Wafula Chebukati for chairman and nine others as commissioners.
The commissioner nominees include Zephania Okeyo Aura, Roselyne Kwamboka Akombe, Professor Abdi Yakub Guliye and Professor Henry Kizito Okola.
The others include Samuel Kimeu, Ambassador Dr Paul Kibiwott Kurgat, Boya Molu, Consolata Nkatha Bucha Maina and Margaret Wanjala Mwachanya
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
The nominees now await vetting by Parliament before their names are presented to President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Selection panel chairperson Bernadette Musundi said the process was guided by commitment to ensuring free, fair and transparent selection.
Musundi said the candidates were assessed for academic and professional qualifications, leadership and integrity, ICT and presentation skills, general knowledge and technical proficiency and competencies.
She said the most suitable people were picked from a list of 15 who applied for chairperson and 748 who applied for the positions of commissioners.
Musundi said the panel also took into account the reports of the various agencies, memoranda received on some of the applicants and their responses to the two.
She said Kina and Chebukati were chosen as they demonstrated the ability to run the IEBC and ensure a credible August 8, 2017 general election.
Musundi praised the panel for dedication and a speedy yet professional process. Other members are Evans Monari, Mary Karen, Tom Mbaluto, Olga Chepkemoi, Peter Karanja, Abdulghafur el-Busaidy, David Oginde and Mohan Lumba.
The chairperson also thanked the Parliamentary Service Commission for providing facilities and ensuring a conducive working environment.
The select committee re-advertised the posts after the first five applicants failed to meet the requirements.
Tukero ole Kina Biography
Work Place: MULI & OLE KINA ADVOCATES
Physical Address: SEAFRONT RD., OPPOSITE LAW COURTS
Postal Address: 1055-80200
Telephone: 042-2120650, 2130477, 2130480,
Tukero ole Kina Career – Area of Practice
- Property, Conveyancing, Land Landlord & Tenant Law
- Corporate Law
- Consumer Protection