Wambui Kamiru Biography
Wambui Kamiru (Wanbui Wamae Kamiru) is an artist and founder of The Art Spac based in Kenya, which comprises of a commercial gallery and alternative show spaces.
Before founding The Art Space she was an artist at Kuona Trust between January 2010 – October 2015.
Wambui Kamiru Education Background
Graduate student at the University of Oxford, masters degree
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Undergraduate student at the University of Maryland Baltimore County for a Bachelor’s degree
Primary school student at Loreto Msongari
Wambui Kamiru Career
Wambui is currently working with another artist, Xavier Verhoest on a national public art project/installation, “Who I Am, Who We Are” about the Kenyan identity and ideas of nationalism, present and future.
“Who I Am, Who We Are” is a project about the idea of nationhood and how this is embodied through the Kenyan sense of identity and everyday interactions. It is a concept animated by the notion that today’s world reflects a reality both multiple and unique. Nowhere is this idea truer than here, in Kenya, at 50. The project has travelled through Nairobi, to Kisumu, Lamu, Nyeri and Isiolo.
Wambui Kamiru Divorce
Wambui Wamae Kamiru was initially married to Joseph Kinyua in 2007. They were blessed with two lovely twin girls. She filed for divorce accusing her husband of domestic violence through her veteran family lawyer Judy Thongori.
In a quick rejoinder, her husband also filed another divorce case accusing her of infidelity. Bob Collymore was named as a respondent in the divorce case but he claimed through his lawyer that he met Wambui when she was divorced.
Wambui Kamiru Marriage to Bob Collymore
They first met at a fundraiser for survivors of the Loreto Convent Msongari school bus crash that occurred in July 2011 where Wambui was part of the event in her capacity as an alumnus and Bob Collymore was there representing Safaricom Foundation in the fundraising.
On 2nd April, 2016 they got married at a lavish ceremony held at Kitisuru. They had dated for three years before they soldified their union.
Wambui Kamiru Photo