Nine in ten women unaware of cervical cancer causes – Lancet
Nine in ten women do not know what causes cervical cancer, Lancet Group of Laboratories has said in a report.
The report said only 3 per cent know the link between the Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) and cervical cancer.
“Not knowing that HPV causes cervical cancer is like not knowing that HIV causes AIDS! Just like HIV testing is done to identify those infected before they progress to the stage of immunodeficiency, so should HPV be tested before women progress to pre- cancerous and cancer stages, because once it is identified as positive, someone can be treated,” said Ahmed Kalebi, Group Managing Editor at Lancet Laboratories.
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
HPV is spread sexually and women tend to be infected with it at one time in their lives.
“The fact that less than 5 per cent of women know about the link between HPV and cervical cancer should be a wake-up call to all stakeholders, for without awareness, it is unlikely that women would seek HPV vaccination, for themselves and their daughters, and also unlikely that they’ll appreciate the value of HPV testing,” Kalebi added.
Cervical cancer is the second most common cancer among Kenyan women.
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/