Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Biography
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak is the director for Africa, Technical Cooperation Department at the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), a UN organisation based in Vienna. He is also the Secretary and Chief Executive Officer of the National Council for Science and Technology (NCST)
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak is the immediate former VC of Umma University, during his 17 months stay at the University he promoted the young Islamic based University and increased the student number by 200per cent and introduced new programs such as degree in Nursing.
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Education Background
1999 – 2001: Graduate student at Shimane University, Japan, PostDoc, Animal Sciences
1992 – 1995: Graduate student at the University of Aberdeen , PhD, Animal Science
1989 – 1991: Graduate student at the University of Aberdeen, U.K, MSc, Animal nutrition
1984 – 1987: Undergraduate student at Egerton University,Degree in Animal science
1979 – 1982: Secondary school student at Allidina visram high school, O level
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Job History
November 2015 – Present: Director, Division for Africa at IAEA
- He is responsible for the TC programme in the 45 member states in Africa, ensuring a results-based response to Member States’ developmental priorities in the application of nuclear techniques.
- The member states participates in National, Regional and Interregional of about 274 projects in thematic areas of Food Security and Agriculture, Human Health and Nutrition, Water and Environment, Safety and Security, Radiation technology and Energy.
- The IAEA has been known as the nuclear watchdog, but there is more to it on Social and Economic development
July 2014 – November 2015: Vice-Chancellor at Umma University
- He promoted the young Islamic based University and increased the student number by 200 per cent and introduced new programs such as degree in Nursing.
- Developed a strategic plan with clear vision of reducing donor dependency to 23per cent by 2020 and having at least 3000 degrees students under various programs.
- Opened a campus in Mombasa and developed 5 more degree programs.
April 2008 – April 2014: CEO of National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation
- He supported over 1400 research projects, funded more than 400 PhD and 300 Msc students and about 100 innovators.
- He spearheaded the revision of STI act and saw the establishment of National Research Foundation and Kenya Innovation Agency.
June 2002 – June 2007: Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Extension) at Egerton University
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Membership
- Member of the National Economic Social Council (NESC),a standing committee comprising of eminent persons with diverse experience, knowledge and skills and are mandated to provide expert advice on economic and social matters to the President.
- Chairman of Lamu-Port Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET) Authority.
- Chair Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute Board between 2005 and 2007
- Chairman, African Regional Cooperative Agreement for Research, Development and Training related to Nuclear Science and Technology (AFRA) from 2012 to 2013.
- Member of Kenya Meat Commission (KMC) board
- Member of Consortium for National Health Research (CNHR) board
- Member of National Museum of Kenya board
- Member of Kenya Agriculre Research Institute (KARI) board
- Member of Kenya Medical Research Institute ( KEMRI) board
- Member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA)
- Member of Global Research Council,
- Member of Commissioner of the African Commission on Nuclear Energy (AFCONE)
- Governor of the International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB).
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Recognition and Awards
Moran of the Order of Burning Spear (MBS) by His Excellency the President of Kenya in 2008 and included as a subject of biographical record in Marquis Who is Who in the world 2010 Edition.
Fellow of The World Academy of Sciences (FTWAS), the African Academy of Sciences (FAAS), Japan Society for the Promotion of Sciences (FJSPS), Matsumae International Foundation (FMIF) and a member of the Chartered Biologists UK (CBiol),
Fellow of Royal Society of Biology (FRSB)
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never Do
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never Do
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
8. Things You do That are Killing Your Kidneys
Fellow of Kenya Institute of Management (FKIM)
Member Kenya National Academy of Sciences (MKNAS)
Member of the Harvard Kennedy School Executive Alumni, USA.
Prof Shaukat A. Abdulrazak Publication
He has published more than 100 Papers in international journals, Scientific conference and symposia Proceedings and national news paper And magazines. He is also an Editorial Board member of six International Refereed journals.