Sicily Kanini Kariuki Biography
Sicily Kanini Kariuki is the cabinet secretary in the ministry of health. She is the former cabinet secretary in the ministry of public services and youth affairs.
She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nairobi. She attended ESAMI/Maastricht School of Management where she obtained her Masters degree in Business Administration specialising in strategic management. She has a PhD in Food Laws and Regulations from Michigan State University.
- Since 2018: Cabinet Secretary in the Ministry of Health.
- December 2015 – January 2018: Cabinet Secretary in the ministry of public services and youth affairs.
- Principal Secretary, State Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries.
- Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Tea Board of Kenya- During her tenure she led the tea industry to become Kenya’s top foreign exchange earner, bringing in over Kenya Shillings 130 billion in foreign exchanges in 2012.
- Chief Executive Officer of Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya
- She worked in Kenya Investment Authority
Sicily Kanini Kariuki Awards
- She was awarded the Life Governors Award by President Uhuru Kenyatta and the agricultural society of Kenya
Sicily Kanini Kariuki Networth
In 2015 during vetting she declared her networth as Sh168 million, being income from investments, assets and salary.