Stella Kilonzo was born on 1st January 1975. She is Manager of the financial sector development division, at the African Development Bank.
Stella Kilonzo is the Founder & Managing Director of Astute Capital, a strategic advisory company specializing in Africa, capital markets development, strategic policy, research & regulatory advice, and infrastructure finance.Stella is a Senior Advisor to Africa Exchange Holdings Ltd, a private-sector partnership that seeks to transform Africa’s capital markets through efficient private sector-led commodity exchanges, with its first project being the successful launch of the East Africa Exchange, in Kigali Rwanda.
In her capacity as the CEO at the CMA (Kenya), she also sat on the Insurance Regulatory Authority in Kenya. Kilonzo was also an ex-officio member of the Retirement Benefits Authority of Kenya. Prior to being confirmed as CEO of the CMA Kenya, she served as Acting Chief Executive Officer of the CMA (Kenya) from 2007 until 2008.Following four years as the CMA chief executive, she declined consideration to serve a second four-year term as CEO. She stepped down on 30 June 2012.
Stella Kilonzo Education Background
Graduate student at Loyola University of Chicago,Illinois in the United States of America,Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Corporate Finance
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), USA
Undergraduate student at The Catholic University of Eastern Africa,Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.), Accounting.
Stella Kilonzo Job History
December 2013 – Present:Division Head of Financial Markets Division at African Development Bank,African Development Bank Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
January 2013 – November 2013:Non Executive Director of the Board,United Capital Plc Lagos, Nigeria
December 2012 – November 2013: Non Executive Director of the Board,ARM Cement Ltd Nairobi, Kenya
December 2012 – November 2013: Non Executive Director of the Board,Liberty Kenya Holdings Ltd Nairobi, Kenya
September 2012 – November 2013:Founder & Managing Director,Astute Capital Nairobi, Kenya
- Strategic advisory specializing on Africa with a focus on capital markets, infrastructure, corporate governance and private capital.
July 2008 – June 2012:Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority Kenya,Nairobi, KENYA
- Responsible for both the development and regulation of the entire capital markets in Kenya as well as implementing strategies for long-term resource mobilization and facilitating financial access to transform the Kenyan economy into a globally competitive, middle income country by the year 2030.
December 2007 – June 2008:Acting Chief Executive, Capital Markets Authority Nairobi, Kenya
September 2005 – December 2007: Head of Compliance & Market Operations (Market Supervision)at Capital Markets Authority (2 years 4 months)
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never Do
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never Do
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
8. Things You do That are Killing Your Kidneys
August 2004 – August 2005:Senior Associate, Corporate Finance Advisory, Africa Central at PwC
March 2000 – July 2004:Senior Compliance Examiner/Auditor, Midwestern Region of US Chicago,Financial Industry Regulatory Authority IL, USAStella Kilonzo
Stella Kilonzo Recognition and Awards
- 2012 International Alliance for Women 2012 World of Difference 100 Award
- 2010 Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS) decorated by the President of Kenya for contributing to national economic development and being a role model for the youth
- 2011 Forbes 20 Youngest Powerful Women in Africa
- 100 most influential people in Africa (New African June 2011)
- 2011 Crans Montana Forum New Leader for Tomorrow.
Stella Kilonzo Video