Timothy Wanyonyi Biography
He represents people living with disabilities in Parliament. Wanyonyi is a member of Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) and a coalition member of Coalition for Reforms and Democracy. Timothy Wanyonyi Wetangula is a Kenyan Member of Parliament (MP) representing Westlands constituency in Nairobi county, Kenya.
Facts About Timothy Wanyonyi
- Name: Timothy Wanyonyi
- Age: Not Available
- Political Party: ODM Party
- Constituency: Westlands
- Telephone: +254 20 2324781
- Mobile: Not Available
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Not Available
- Twitter: Not Available
- Website: http://www.timwanyonyi.com/
Timothy Wanyonyi Education
- Date: 1995-1996
- Education Institution: Kenya School of Law
- Qualification: Post Graduate Diploma in Laws
- Date: 1991-1994
- Education Institution: University of Delhi, India
- Qualification: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
- Date: 1988-1991
- Education Institution: Punjabi University, India
- Qualification: Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Public Administration, Political Science, and Sociology
- Date: 1986-1987
- Education Institution: Nairobi School
- Qualification: Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (‘A’ Level)
- Date: 1980-1985
- Education Institution: Kibabii High School
- Qualification: Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (‘O’ Level)
- Date: 1973-1979
- Education Institution: Lurende Primary School
- Qualification: Certificate of Primary Education (CPE)
Timothy Wanyonyi Career
Hon Wanyonyi is one of the founders of KPO,he is Kenya Paraplegic Organisation (KPO) executive director. The organizers of ‘Bring Zack Back Home’ campaign which was aimed to build the first spinal injury rehabilitation centre in Kenya.
He once narrated to Nation newspaper how he was confined to a wheelchair. Tim said that in 1998, carjackers shot him just a few metres after dropping a friend in Ngara Estate, Nairobi.
“I had to travel to a rehabilitation centre in Belgium. It cost my family 10 million shillings ($117,000) for a three-month stay at the hospital. The Kenyan embassy in Brussels, Belgium, stood guarantee until we finished paying the amount two years later,” he said.
His struggles in accessing treatment motivated him and other paraplegics to start a spinal cord rehabilitation centre in Kenya. Before Zachary Kimotho’s (Zack) campaign, the organization would hold a fundraising twice every year, where they would collect about Sh 1 million. With that money, they bought a 12-acre plot of land in Kiserian, where the 150-bed facility was to be built.
Membership to Committees
Committee: Departmental Committee on Administration & National Security
Position Held: Member
Committee: Committee on Delegated Legislation
Position Held: Member
Timothy Wanyonyi Family
He is the brother to Bungoma Senator Moses Wetangula. He is the father to twins Paulyne and Sophia Wanyonyi.
Timothy Wanyonyi Wife
Wanyonyi is married to his lovely wife, Electina Naswa.
Timothy Wanyonyi Salary
According to our reliable source, an MP in Kenya earn a monthly basic taxable salary of Kshs. 532,500 and a number of allowances, meaning each member get an average minimum gross salary of Ksh1,378, 000. The allowances include mileage, sitting and responsibility perks.
Besides their salaries, Members of Parliament are entitled to a mortgage loan, car loan and medical cover facility. It is noteworthy that the mortgage and car facilities are loan facilities that are granted to Members of Parliament on interest and payable within five years being their term of office.
Timothy Wanyonyi Net Worth
Working as an M.P, there is no doubt Timothy Wanyonyi earns a good salary and has been able to accumulate good net worth. However, his exact net worth has not yet been revealed but the information will be updated as soon as it is available.
Timothy Wanyonyi Political Positions
Current Political Positions
- From 10th March 2013: Member of Parliament for Westlands Constituency.
- From 13th February 2013: Coalition Member of Coalition for Reforms & Democracy.
- From 8th February 2013: Member of Orange Democratic Movement.
Previous Political Positions
1. 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
2. Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
3. 20 Things Women Should Never Do
4. Top 20 Things Men Should Never Do
5. 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
6. 25 Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
7. 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do
8. Things You do That are Killing Your Kidneys
- From 8th February 2013 – 4th March 2013: Aspirant MP for Westlands of Constituency
Timothy Wanyonyi Job History
- Founder and Coordinator of Kenya Paraplegic Organisation
- Advocate Wetangula and Company Advocates
Timothy Wanyonyi Achievements
He is the founder of Tim Wanyonyi Foundation in Westlands, by May 2013 he had sponsored 28 needy children with school fees donation worth five hundred forty four thousand (544,000) Kenyan shillings.
Frequently Asked Questions About Timothy Wanyonyi
Who is Timothy Wanyonyi?
Wanyonyi is a Kenyan journalist working for Royal Media serCitizen TV news as a Correspondent.
How old is Timothy Wanyonyi?
Information not available.
Is Timothy married?
Wanyonyi is married to his lovely wife Electina Naswa.
Information not available.
How much is Timothy net worth?
Information not available.
Where does Timothy live?
Wanyonyi lives in Westlands, Nairobi Kenya
Where is Timothy now?
Wanyonyi is the member of parliament of Westlands Constituency.
Overview of a Members of Parliament in Kenya
Kenya has a total of 349 Members of Parliament; 290 elected from the constituencies, 47 women elected from the counties and 12 members nominated by parliamentary political parties to represent special interests of youth, persons with disabilities and workers. The speaker serves as an ex-official member.
Responsibilities of Member Parliament
Representation: Acts on your behalf on issues of concern to you & the nation.
Oversight: Controls budget, oversees the presidency, ministries and parastatals plus appointments.
Legislation: Develops or contributes to lawmaking.
CDF: Runs the Constituency Development Fund.
Qualifications for Election as an MP
A person is eligible for election as a member of Parliament if the person
- is registered as a voter;
- satisfies any educational, moral and ethical requirements prescribed by this Constitution or by an Act of Parliament
- is nominated by a political party, or is an independent candidate who is supported by at least one thousand registered voters in the constituency
Disqualifications for Election as an MP
A person is disqualified from being elected a member of Parliament if the person
- is a State officer or other public officer, other than a member of Parliament;
- has, at any time within the five years immediately preceding the date of election, held office as a member of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission;
- has not been a citizen of Kenya for at least the ten years immediately preceding the date of the election;
- is a member of a county assembly;
- is of unsound mind;
- is an undischarged bankrupt;
- is subject to a sentence of imprisonment of at least six months, as at the date of registration as a candidate, or at the date of election; (A person is not disqualified unless all possibility of appeal or review of the relevant sentence or decision has been exhausted)
- is found, in accordance with any law, to have misused or abused a State office or public office or in any way to have contravened Chapter Six.pf the Kenyan constitution