KBC TV Live Online News
KBC TV Live Online News: KBC is a State corporation that airs both local and international programmes. KBC enhances development of local cultural values and facilitates the dissemination and preservation of indigenous values. KBC also raises understanding of Government policies and strategies among citizens and imparts knowledge.
KBC has a Kiswahili Service in addition to its flagship English Service. It also operates regional services-transmissions in Somali, Borana, Rendilie, Burji,Turkana, Meru, Embu, Maasai, Kamba, Luo, Kisii, Kalenjin, Luhya, Suba, Teso and Pokot.
On both radio and television, KBC has lead over competitors for it covers the largest geographical area. It is spearheading the transition to digital broadcasting before 2012. The project was launched in December, 2009.
English Radio Broadcasting for Europeans began in 1928. The first radio broadcasts for Africans came during Second World War to inform relatives of African soldiers what was happening at the war front.
In 1953, the African broadcasting station was set up and broadcast in Kiswahih, Dholuo, Kikuyu. Kinandi, Kiluhya, Kikamba and Arabic. In 1954, the Kenya Broadcasting Services was established. Regional stations were set up in Mombasa (Sauti ya Mvita), Nyeri (Mt Kenya Station) and Kisumu (Lake Station). In 1961, KBC was formed and TV introduced in Kenya in 1962. The first transmitting station was set up in Limuru. In 1964, KBC became Voice of Kenya (VOK). In 1970, a new TV station opened in Mombasa. In 1989, VOK changed again to KBC. The same year KBC signed an agreement with Japan Telecommunications Engineering for improvement and expansion of the national medium wave frequency radio broadcasting network. Another contract was signed in 1991 with Marubeni Corporation of Japan for upgrading medium wave transmitting stations and construction of new ones. In 1996 it commissioned Metro FM as a music radio, and Metro TV (sports and entertainment) and Coro FM (Gikuyu) in 2000. In 2001, Pwani FM went on air to cater for the Coast region.
KBC TV Live Online Streaming
You can watch KBC live online programs tough the following links:
KBC Commercial Radio
- Venus FM transmitting to major urban areas of Nairobi, Mombasa, Nakuru, Nyeri, Eldoret and Kisumu.
- Coro FM transmitting to Nairobi and Mount Kenya Region on 102.3 and 99.5 MGHZ.
- Pwani FM transmitting to coast region on 103.1 MGHZ.
- Nosim FM transmitting to Narok and its environs on 90.5 MGHZ.
- Minto FM transmitting to Kisii and its environs on 101.7 MGHZ.
- Kitwek FM transmitting to Eldoret on 92.9 MGHZ and other areas on 98.0 MGHZ.
- Mayienga FM transmitting to Kisumu and its environs on 93.5 MGHZ.
- Mwatu FM a Kamba station is another addition to the KBC family launched in August 2012.
KBC Public Service Radio
- National Kiswahili Service (Radio Taifa).
- National English Service.
- Regional Eastern Service transmitting in Somali, Borana, Rendile, Burji and Turkana.
- Regional Central Service transmitting in Meru. Embu and Kamba.
- Regional Western Service transmitting in Kuria, Teso, Luhya, Suba and Pokot.
KBC TV Services
- Free to air KBC channel 1
- Pay Television channel 2
- Entertainment Metro Television channel 31 transmitting over a radius of 85 Kms from Limuru
Physical Location: Harry Thuku Road, (Opposite Norfolk Hotel)
Postal Address: 30456 – 00100
Telephone: +254- 020 318823/223757