NIC Bank was founded in 1959 as a joint venture by Standard Bank Limited and Mercantile Credit Company Limited, both headquartered in South Africa and the United Kingdom respectively. NIC was initially a non-bank financial institution (NBFI). In 1971, NIC became a public company, by listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, where it still trades today under the symbol: NNIC. In 1995, the Central Bank of Kenya required all NBFIs in the country to either convert to fully fledged commercial banks or close shop. NIC applied for and was granted a banking license that same year. In 1997, NIC Bank merged with African Mercantile Bank Limited (AMBank), a Kenyan financial institution.
In May 2009, NIC Bank acquired a 51% shareholding interest in Savings and Finance Commercial Bank, a small Tanzanian retail bank with approximately US$30 million in assets and approximately US$5 million in shareholder’s equity at the time. Savings and Finance Commercial Bank rebranded to NIC Bank Tanzania, in keeping with the new shareholding structure. In November 2011, press reports indicated that NIC Bank was in advanced stages of opening a banking subsidiary in neighbouring Uganda. NC Bank Uganda opened for business in May 2012.
Whilst the Bank provides the usual array of banking products e.g. demand, call and time deposit accounts, overdrafts and loans, in Local and all major foreign currencies, we also offer the following additional services, which are available to all our customers:
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Electronic banking facilities (NIC Online & NIC Mobil Banking)
NIC Bank Contacts
Postal Address: 44599
Telephone: +254 020 -2888000
Cell phone: +254 734 600 008