Kenya National Anthem – National Anthem of Kenya
The Kenya National Anthem was originally composed in Kiswahili, the national language. It was prepared by local people and based on a traditional tune sung by Pokomo mothers to their children. The national anthem of Kenya was written by the Kenyan Anthem Commission in 1963 to serve as the anthem after independence from the United Kingdom. It was expected that the lyrics would express the deepest convictions and the highest aspirations of the people as a whole.
In Kenya, the national anthem is played during national holidays and during other important or historical events. In these occasions, a military band performs the national anthem, asserting the anthem’s role as a symbol of Kenya’s national unity.
Kenya National Anthem Lyrics – English
Kenya National Anthem Verse 1.
O God of all creation
Bless this our land and nation
Justice be our shield and defender
May we dwell in unity Peace and liberty
Plenty be found within our borders
- INTERIOR CABINET SECRETARY JOSEPH NKAISSERY IS DEAD
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Kenya National Anthem Verse 2.
Let one and all arise
With hearts both strong and true
Service be our earnest endeavor
And our homeland of Kenya Heritage of splendor
Firm may we stand to defender.
Kenya National Anthem Verse 3.
Let all with one accord
In common bond united
Build this our nation together
And the glory of Kenya
The fruit of our labor
Fill every heart with thanksgiving.
Kenya National Anthem Lyrics – Kiswahili
National Anthem of Kenya in Kiswahili
Ee Mungu nguvu yetu
Kenya National Anthem
Ilete baraka kwetu
Haki iwe ngao na mlinzi
Natukae na undugu
Amani na uhuru
Raha tupate na ustawi
Amkeni ndugu zetu
Tufanye sote bidii
Nasi tujitoe kwa nguvu
Nchi yetu ya Kenya
Tuwe tayari kuilinda
Natujenge taifa letu
Ee, ndio wajibu wetu
Kenya istahili heshima
Kila siku tuwe na shukrani
Origins of the Kenya National Anthem
Prior to attaining independence, the government of Kenya commissioned a five-member team to come up with a new national anthem. This team was to incorporate traditional Kenyan music in the anthem, while ensuring that a military band could perform the tune without distorting the original tone of the melody.
National Anthem of Kenya Melody
The melody the team selected is based on a traditional folk song of the Pokomo, a small ethnic group in Kenya’s Coast province.
National Anthem Kenya: Kenya National Anthem Video
Join us at Softkenya Group where we share our best Quotes, Stories, Poems, Excerpts, Sermons, Messages, Personal Experiences and Useful guides... The SOFTKENYA COMMUNITY --- Join us Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217813621643464/