Joseph Nkaissery Biography
Joseph Nkaissery was born on 28th November 1949. He is the Cabinet Secretary Internal Security and Coordination of National Government. He is also a Senior elder of the Maasai community.
On 2 December 2014, Joseph Nkaissery was nominated by President Uhuru Kenyatta for the post of Cabinet Secretary for Internal Security, to replace Joseph Ole Lenku
Prior to his nomination he was the member of parliament for Kajiado Central constituency on an Orange Democratic Movement ticket.
Joseph Nkaissery Education Background
1997- 1967: Student at United States Army College, USA for Post graduate Diploma, strategic Leadership and Management
1996 -1997: Student at Kennedy School Havard University,USA for Leadership and Development
1985 – 1986: Student at Defence staff college Military Academy in Dehra Dun, India
1971 – 1972: Student at Kenyatta College now Kenyatta University, Degree in Education but dropped after a year.
1967 -1970: Secondary School Student at Olkejuado High School
1960 -1966: Primary School Student at Ilbisil Primary School
Joseph Nkaissery Political Positions
10th March 2013 -2nd December 2014: Member of Parliament for Kajiado Central
13th February 2013 – 2014: Coalition Member of Coalition for Reforms & Democracy
2007 – 2014: Member of Orange Democratic Movement
2008 – 4th March 2013: Member of Parliament for Kajiado Central
2008 – 4th March 2013: Assistant Minister for Defence of Cabinet
2003 -2007: Member of Parliament for Kajiado Central
Joseph Nkaissery Job History
Started December 2002: Commandant of Armed Forces Training College & GOC Westcom
1999 – 2002: GOC Western of Kenya Army
1997 -1998: Deputy Commandant/Chief Instructor
1994 → 1996: Brigade Commander of Kenya Army
1992 -1993: Chief of Personnel of Kenya Army
1987 – 1991: Military Assistant to the Chief of General Staff of Kenya Army
1986- 1987: Battalion Second in Command of Kenya Army
1982- 1986: Combat Instructor of Kenya Army
Joseph Nkaissery Family
Joseph Nkaissery is married to Hellen Nkaissery.
10 Things to Know About Joseph Ole Nkaissery
- He was born in November 28 1949 (65 years ago) and served in the army since 1973. In 1987 he was appointed the Military Assistant to the Chief of General Staff.
- He was in the pioneer education class (B. Ed) at the Kenyatta College, now Kenyatta University in 1971 but dropped out after one year of studying.
- His last job in the army before retiring was as a commandant of the Armed Forces Training College and GOC Westcom. He retired in December 2002 after 29 years of service.
- He has held the parliamentary seat for Kajiado central since 2003 when he trounced David Sankori of Kanu
- In 2009, he was part of the William Ntimama – led group that was opposed to a deal between the government and Rift Valley leaders for Mau evictees to be compensated. They called for their immediate eviction to save the country from environmental degradation.
- In 2010, he told parliament that two Kenyan soldiers, Senior Sergeant Jonathan Kipkosgei Kangogo and Corporal Evan Mutoro, had been captured in Somalia on July 24. This was before Kenya Defense Forces went into Somalia.
- It was during his tenure as Assistant Minister in the Ministry of Defence that Kenya Defence Forces invaded Somalia and in 2011 the Operation Linda Nchi launched. Kenya signed agreement with Somali’s defence ministry for collaboration in the fight against Al-Shabaab.
- In November 2010, along with Defence Minister Yusuf Hajj, fellow assistant David Musila and Military head Julius Karangi appeared before a parliamentary committee on a controversy over the purchase of used Air Force jets from Jordan.
- While doubling as an assistant minister and MP, he always attended parliament sittings and was at one point lauded while other ministers and their assistants were blacklisted for failing to respond to scheduled questions.
- Joseph Nkaissery is the forth politician in the Jubilee cabinet.
Joseph Nkaissery Facebook and Twitter