Kalekye Mumo Profile
Kalekye Mumo is a Media Personality, vocalist, MC, Biz Woman, Healthy lifestyle ambassador Of the Youtube channel #TheMeIwantKalekyeMumo. She was hosting the morning show the Big Breakfast on KISS 100 alongside Shaffie Weru before she quit.
In 2013 she decided to get into studio and record what became her 1st debut hit song ‘My Baby’ which was well received across East and West Africa. With her strong soulful voice, Kalekye uses her lyrics to express herself in a way that connects to everyone.
Kalekye Mumo has been described as someone who is as vibrant as she is beautiful, a Kenyan radio queen, TV host and personality, movie actress, Musician, business woman and fashionista but what else is there to know about this Kenyan icon, Kalekye Mumo and her co-host Shaffie Weru have been among the most listened to radio presenters for their niche which focuses on madness and fun (rush hour).
Kalekye Mumo Musical Career
Kalekye Mumo is a singer with an eloquent sweet voice. She says that her musical career started when she was young at 3yrs. She later joined the choir, sang in musicals and hosted some of Kenyas greatest Karaoke nights.
She released her first single song ‘My Baby’ in 2013
Here are a few other facts you might not know about Kalekye Mumo
- When Kalekye Mumo was just three, she was diagnosed with a hip condition that left her immobilized and had a cast for some years.
- Her weight has never been an issue to her, she loves and has confidence in her curves and we all know that confidence is a very attractive trait!
- Her ideal man should be God-fearing, financially stable and one who takes control adding that ” I want to come home to a man who takes over the reins. I will let him. I can be submissive.”
- Kalekye Mumo has a massive collection of shoes and bags (maybe we can borrow them sometime) and you will rarely catch her rocking the same bag or shoe twice
- Kalekye Mumo is a whiskey girl, Jameson to be precise! Her first car was a red mini-cooper adding that “I always loved a car with character. A car says a lot about you.”
- Kalekye Mumo has irritable bowel syndrome (chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits) so when she visits you bread and milk are a no-no!
- On her first day on air, the morning show host dared her to call up a guy she had met in a wedding a week before, which she did, all red-faced but luckily the feeling was mutual and they dated for a while.
- Her mum is her biggest fan but she is daddy’s girl.
- “Her first ‘real job’ after school was in 2001, at Homeboyz Entertainment. She was an administrator.
- Family plays a big role in Kalekye Mumo’s life. Every other Sunday, you will find her home with her family. Born to a cateress mum and a dad who worked at Kenya Breweries, Kalekye describes her parents as strict but loving
- Growing up in Nairobi’s Westland’s suburbs, she had a pretty normal childhood, although marred by illnesses
- Kalekye co-hosts a show called Rush Hour with Shaffie Weru, the “bad boy” of entertainment. In the show, they tackle some very serious issues that most radio shows would shy away from.
- In school, she did very well in sciences, but knew it wasn’t really her thing
- After her high school, she made a decision to study media and communications, but her parents didn’t like her choice
- When she was three, she was diagnosed with a hip condition that left her immobilized and in a cast for some years.
Kalekye Mumo Salary
Details about Kalekye Mumo salary will be updated soon…
Kalekye Mumo Boyfriend
Kalekye Mumo ideal man should be God-fearing, financially stable and one who takes control adding that ” I want to come home to a man who takes over the reins. I will let him. I can be submissive.”
Kalekye Mumo Age
Kalekye Mumo is 40 years as at 2016
Kalekye Mumo stunning look after losing 40kgs
Bubbly radio personality Kalekye Mumo threw a mega bash in Westlands, Nairobi on March 16 when she turned 40 years.
The ceremony that attracted a turnout of friends and showbiz personalities doubled up as a celebration of losing 40kgs in a weight loss journey that Kalekye Mumo started eight months ago.
Revealing why number 40 is very important to her, the radio queen recounted how her weight was becoming a health issue by the day.
Kalekye said her legs began to swell due to overweight problems before her doctor warned that she was headed for a hazardous state.
“My doctor said if I don’t lose this weight, I could get a blood clot. He said what was happening to me was a sign of something bad happening in my life. That is when I took the issue seriously,” she said while giving her speech at her party.
Kalekye would thereafter enroll with Fat Loss Lab where she was given tips on weight loss and lifestyle management.
“I have never wanted to be thin as I am that plus-size celebrity model in Kenya. I didn’t do this to get thin and it is not that I want to be all hippy. It is not my thing,” she said.
Below are stunning photos of Kalekye Mumo’s new look:
Kalekye Mumo has been in the radio for the past ten years but she quit in July 2016 to focus on her PR company and she announced this on her twitter handle
She wrote, “It’s been a fantastic 10yr journey on radio…. Talking to you, being part of your lives and even more the experience selling brands on air has taught me so much. And now after beginning the year celebrating big milestones… I turned 40, lost 40kgs… I decided to keep it big by opening a PR company. I feel it’s time to give more of my talent and experience to brands and clients directly and the first such brand to believe in me is @kerichogold but worry not #TeamKalekye Tuko pamoja #TheMeIwant 😘😘😘😘.”
Back in Radio waves
Barely six months after popular media personality Kalekye Mumo called it a day at Kiss FM, she has landed a major lucrative deal with WG radio FM, an online radio station. Kalekye will be hosting a show dubbed Live & Direct alongside Dj Wabba every Friday from 10 am – 12 pm.
She took to the internet to announce the news
“I ❤️ RADIO… IT’S NO LIE!! #TEAMKALEKYE YOU HAVE BEGGED ME TO GET BACK, I HAVE OBLIGED… ONCE A WEEK KAMA DAWA #LIVEANDDIRECT ON WGRADIO.FM JUST GOOGLE AND GET ONLINE COZ IT DIFFERENT WITH CRAZY MIXES BY @DJ_WABBA 10AM-12NOON.”