At independence, the Government of Kenya identified illiteracy, disease, ignorance and poverty as the main problems to community development in Kenya. Involvement of the community was identified as the best method of combating the vices. It entails mobilisation and participation of communities, groups and individuals in socio-economic activities.
The Government has helped communities through the Division of Community Development. lt empowers communities through community mobilisation, formation and registration of self-help groups.
So far, more than 650,000 self-help groups have been registered. The ministry plays an important role in community mobilisation for ministries, NGO’s and community-based organisations CBO’s.
Women, youth, men and special groups have been registered. They engage in income-generation, community and social welfare projects.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- Inspiration on the 7 Principles of an Eagle