Molo Town overview
Molo Town is a town located in Nakuru county Kenya. It is served by a branch of Kenya Railways, formerly the Uganda Railway, East African Railways Corporation until 1977. Molo hosts a town council and an administrative division in the Nakuru District of Rift Valley Province.
Molo is along the Mau Forest which runs on the Mau Escarpment. The town was a settlement established primarily because of its fertility and vast vegetation. It is one of the coldest places in the country. This is a perfect place for growing Pyrethrum, a cash crop that can be maintained with little resources. There are plenty of other crops that are grown by farmers both small and large scale and attracting settlers, many of them politically empowered. This massive invasion resulted to a high rate of forest destruction and timber poaching. Efforts to reclaim land and grow trees have been outpaced by logging and charcoal making. The Kenyan government has since declared all forests contained from human activity. Only imported timber is permitted from 2002.
Molo Town Administration
Molo town has seven wards, five of them (Kiambiriria, Molo, Sachangwani, Turi North and Turi South) are within Molo Constituency, while the remaining two (Koige and Sirikwa) are part of the Kuresoi Constituency.
According to the Kenyan National Potato Policy, Molo is the second largest producer of potatoes in Kenya. Baraka Farmers Training College is located just outside Molo.
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Application Form To Marry My Daughter
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
St. Andrews School, Turi, is located in Turi, a railroad station centre about 10 kilometres towards the east of Molo.
The 2009 Kenyan oil spill ignition occurred near Molo in Sachangwani.
Molo Town Photos