Cultural Organizations in Kenya
Waves of migration over the centuries from the north and south have led to Cultural Organizations in Kenya becoming one of the most diverse African countries culturally and linguistically.
The country has at least 40 different ethnic African groups (including the Kikuyu, Luhya, Kalenjin tribes, Luo, Kamba, Somali, Kisii, Meru & Embu, Mijikenda, Turkana and Maasai) who speak a variety of mother tongues.
Cultural Organizations – Mission
Cultural Organizations in Kenya have a Mission to research, collect, document, preserve and present to the public items of Kenya’s cultural heritage for education purposes and for their cultural and aesthetic value.
Cultural Organizations – Objectives
Their Objectives are;
- To Collect and document Kenya’s tangible and intangible cultural heritage and preserve them for posterity.
- Present the ethnographic collection to the public through exhibitions and lectures for educational purposes and for the public’s enjoyment.
- Conduct research on relevant socio-cultural themes in Kenya and disseminate the findings to the public.
- Promote the appreciation of the rich and diverse cultures of Kenyan communities through the Culture and Heritage Clubs of Kenya.
- Enhance the application of indigenous knowledge for cultural and biodiversity conservation and for development.
- Collaborate with other NMK departments as well as local and international institutions to fulfill the above stated objective
Cultural Organizations in Kenya
Bombolulu workshop and cultural centre for the handicapped.
Address: Off Mombasa/Malindi Rd, P.O. Box: 83988, 80100, Mombasa, Kenya
Tel: (254) 41 – 471704
French cultural and Cooperation centre
Address: Loita/Monrovia St, French Cultural Centre, 4th, P.O. Box: 49415, 00100 Nairobi GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 0720 241 795
Japan African culture interchange insitute
Address: Kamburu Drv, P.O. Box: 48542, 00100 Nairobi GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20- 3866262
Address: Dunga Rd, Godown Art Centre, P.O. Box: 249, 00621 Village Market, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 – 555894
Cultural council of Islamic rep of Iran Library
Address: Kenyatta Ave, Data Centre, 2nd, P.O. Box: 59595, 00200 City Square, Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 – 214352
Kenya Music Festival
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Address: Mamlaka Rd, Shelter Afrique Hse, 1st, P.O. Box: 67374, 00200 City Square, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 – 2712964
Mzizi cultural entrprises limited
Address: Mumias South Rd, Mzizi Hse Buru Buru Ph IV, P.O. Box: 48955, 00200 City Square, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 – 785086
Nairobi Cultural Institute
Address:Ngong Rd, P.O. Box: 10369, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 – 3869205
One way Bronc Limited
Address: Yaya Centre, 1st Flr, Argwings Kodhek Rd, P.O. Box: 588-00606 Sarit Centre, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 – 2304253
Rioki cultural centre
Address: Thika Rd, P.O. Box: 42458-00100 Nairobi GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Cultural council embassy of Iran
Address:Ambank Hse, 11th Flr, Monrovia St, P.O. Box: 59595-00200 City Square, Nairobi, Kenya
Sarakasi trust hospital project.
Address:Oil Libya Plaza, 1st Flr, Muthaiga Rd, P.O. Box: 33339-00600 Ngara Rd, Nairobi, Kenya
List of Cultural Organizations in Kenya
A comprehensive list of all Cultural Organizations in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the cultural organizations in Kenya websites.