Homes For the Elderly in Kenya
If an elderly person becomes sick or dependent, they then go into residential care. All are given the benefit of medical care during their weekly visits to the centre. For those with no family to support them, the Homes for the Elderly in Kenya offers a model that could be replicated in other areas of need. The Homes, run by the F.M.S.A. depends on funds locally and internationally.
Homes For the Elderly in Kenya – National Policy
The majority of older people in Kenya are faced with a host of problems that vary from economic, health, social and other personal problems. The Kenyan government introduced a national policy on older persons and ageing to make their life easier. The plans not only include subsidized housing and food but access to health care and social security for elderly people.
Homes For the Elderly – Secure Future
Having a secure future in old age is paramount to many in this generation where people do not want to change their lifestyle habits and therefore prefer to invest on life in high-end retirement homes where they get 5 star care and attention.
- Gems of Wisdom: Secret of Success in Life
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- The Health Value of Kissing Passionately Will Surprise You
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Homes For the Elderly – Program Description
Volunteers are needed to support and take care of old people in the care homes. Volunteers would work along local staff in the care homes to provide, personal care, feeding, taking care of medicines, physical activity, personal hygiene and simply spending volunteer quality time with them to cheer them up and bring a smile to their face.
Homes For the Elderly
Thogoto Home of the aged
Nyumba ya Wazee
Address: Tom Mboya Rd, Mombasa, Kenya
Tel: +254 701 716181
Address: 5th floor, Ukulima Cooperative House Nairobi P.O.Box 48144-00100
Tel: +254 20 2054334/ 0722 830182
Harrison House Retirement Home
Address: 3rd Ngong Avenue , City Centre, Nairobi
Tel: +254 20 234 7041 / +254 20 234 7021
List of Homes For the Elderly in Kenya
A comprehensive list of all homes for the elderly in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the homes for the elderly in Kenya websites.