Mining in Kenya
Mining in Kenya is an industry dominated by production of non-metallic minerals encompassing industrial minerals such as soda ash, fluorspar, kaolin and some gemstones. Mining accounts for a very small part of Kenya’s annual GDP.
Gold is produced primarily by artisanal workers in the west and south western parts of the country, on several small greenstone belts. Iron ore is mined from small localized deposits for use in the domestic manufacture of cement.
Mining in Kenya – Chamber of Mines
The Mining companies in Kenya represent the interests of Kenya’s miners, exploration companies and mineral traders. They also seeks to associate these interests with national and local community interests, and to involve other stakeholders in order to ensure that these interests do not cause harm to the environment and the communities.
The Chamber seeks and endeavors to be the leading Mineral Industry representative, the preferred interlocutor for the Government, Communities and other stakeholders with respect to mineral related issues, as well as a driving force towards the development of the industry.
Mining companies in Kenya
1)Athi River Mining Limited
It is a mining and manufavturing company in Kenya and the largest in the East African Community.
The company is divided into four divisions
Cement: The company brand is Rhino Cement manufactured in Kaloleni and Athi River.
- Rosemary Odinga Bows Out of Kibra MP Race
- Chris Kirubi Rubbishes Mike Sonko’s Job Offer as Nairobi’s Economic Advisor
- 10 Things You’re Doing that are Killing Your Kidneys – Avoid Them
- 25 Sexual Questions to Ask A Girl
- 45 Things a Girl Wants But Wont Ask For
- 20 Things Women Should Never, Ever, Do
- 60 Really Sweet Things To Say To A Girl
- 25 Really Romantic Ideas to Make Your Lover Melt!
- Top 20 Things Men Should Never, Ever, Do
- 19 Things Women in Relationships Must Not Do; Men Hate Them
- 7 Facts Fathers Never Tell Their Sons about Women
- How to Succeed in Life and Business – The Hedgehog Concept
- Memorable Speech by Idi Amin
Mineral and chemicals:The division is responsible for the manufacture of ‘special building products, sodium silicate and industrial minerals’
Fertilizers– produces fertilizer at the Athi River factory, under the brand ‘Mavuno Fertilizer’
2)Kenya Fluorspar Company
It is a privately held mining company in Kenya. It is located in Elgeyo- Marakwet county in Kerio valley known for its fluorite deposits.
3)Magadi Soda company
Magadi soda company manufactures soda ash at the Kenyan town of Magadi which is in the southwestern in Kenya. It is the largest manufacturer of sda ash in Africa.
Mining in Kenya
A comprehensive list of all mining companies in Kenya, their addresses (postal and physical), contacts (telephone and e-mail) and a link to the minerals in Kenya company websites.